Day & Evening Program Details
Public programs are free and all are welcome. Some cities also conduct retreats that involve a registration fee. Please check your city’s schedule to see a complete list of which programs are available.
There are three types of free public programs that Amma holds: morning, evening, all day. Information about another free program is included in the Devi Bhava guide.
During the program, you are free to watch Amma receive guests, or to visit the informational booths, Amma Shop, or services offered during the program while waiting for your token number to be displayed. Meals and snacks are also available for purchase. There may also be devotional singing and other music during the program.
Morning Programs: 10am–approx. 3pm
These begin with a short meditation with Amma and then she welcomes visitors for an embrace. An informational video is shown at the beginning of the program followed by spiritual singing and other cultural programs.
- 8:00am - Volunteers begin to welcome guests and the token line opens
- 8:30am - Tokens are handed out and seating begins
- 10:00am - Amma arrives and conducts a meditation
- 10:30am - Amma receives guests for her embrace
Evening Programs: 7:10pm–approx. 2am
Evening programs consist of a spiritual talk by one of Amma’s senior disciples; a talk by Amma; spiritual singing; and a short meditation. Amma then will begin to receive guests for her embrace and will often hug guests until the very early morning hours of the following day.
- 5:30pm - Volunteers begin to welcome guests and the token line opens
- 6:00pm - Dinner service begins
- 6:00pm - Tokens are handed out and seating begins
- 7:10pm - One of Amma's senior disciples gives a spiritual talk
- 7:30pm - Amma arrives in the hall and dinner service pauses
- 9:45pm – Amma embraces guests and dinner service resumes until approx. midnight