It's not uncommon for people to wonder what it's like to be hugged by Amma, or what the process is like. Volunteers are available in the hall to assist you throughout this process. When your token number is displayed, head to the darshan line entrance, located on either side of the back-end of the hall. It doesn't matter which side you choose.
- When your token number is displayed, find a place to store your shoes. You can put them in your bag, or leave them in a shoe rack outside the hall. If you are unable to remove your shoes, let a volunteer with a green scarf assist you.
- Find a place to store large belongings. You may keep your small valuables, such as purses or wallets, with you.
- If you brought an offering for Amma, bring it with you. You are welcome to bring flowers and fruit from home, but please do not bring other food offerings.
- If you brought an item to be blessed, such as a photograph or an object, bring that with you as well.
- Families or couples can be embraced together, or you may wish to be embraced separately. It’s entirely up to you.
- After you receive your embrace, you will have an opportunity to sit near Amma for a short time.