What We've Accomplished
- In Kerala, India, three medicinal plant gardens conserve coastal, midland and forest ecosystems and provide employment for local women.
- In France, Amma’s volunteers built a walk-in bee sanctuary that offers the educational experience of living with bees.
- In Europe, Greenfriends is using organic cultivation methods and developing seed banks to preserve local, ancient and/or endangered seeds.
- In the USA, Embracing the World has launched a tree sponsorship program with the goal of reforesting 80 acres of land with 40,000 pine trees.
- In India, volunteers are using nonrecyclable hard plastic packing straps to weave bed bases for metal-framed foldaway beds for disaster survivors.
- Amma Fiji’s Green Friends picked up hundreds of plastic bags and bottles, pieces of foam, and even some tires. Around 60 bags of garbage was picked up on two beaches along the Suva Sea Wall.
- Green Shores project is planning on planting 300,000 casuarina saplings in total on the Alappad Panchayat peninsula.